Stumbled across this term today and don’t know how I’ve missed it. Or why my therapist never suggested it.
Unfortunately, it feels like all the markers of BPD point right at my behaviors:
1. Intense fear of abandonment
2. A pattern of unstable relationships
3. An unclear and shifting self image
4. Impulsive or self destructive behaviors
5. Mood Swings
6. Self harm
7. Ongoing feelings of emptiness
8. Extreme anger
9. Loss of contact with reality/disassociates
I read that often times BPD’s close friends are: depression, anxiety and eating disorders – all of which I have in spades.
I know that self-diagnosis isn’t the best idea. But how do you help yourself when searching for answers to how you feel and can’t seem to snap out of it anymore?