The concept of too many first-dates has crossed my mind lately. I have been on a lot of first dates. So many so, that I thought it might be fun to actually begin counting them.
Trouble is, when do I start counting from? I am single for going on 2 years now…I don’t even know if I could remember all the first dates during those two years!
Then, I figured, why not just start now? This blog is a fresh start so why the heck not?
So, starting in April, I will start counting all my dates, for better or worse. At this moment, I can’t say that I have much enthusiasm for dating, but I have started having more sex! I think the tides are turning and I plan to be having more casual sex now that I’ve managed a few romps without any tears or regret.
How many first dates is too many first dates? At what point should I stop having all these first dates? I know for certain this is a whole lot less random dating than I did last year (so far), and I take that as a good thing because I am much more discriminatory with who I am dating. When I make the first date, I assume there is potential for a second date. So far, I haven’t made any dates just because I think the guy is hot and I can sleep with him….but I am certainly about to start that up in May. I can’t focus on a boyfriend and job search at the same time.
So casual fuck time it is. Am I ready?
Here was April’s lineup:
- 98% OKC date: semi-fail, date was ok but he hasn’t asked me out again even though he stays in *rare* contact.
- Silver Haired Gentleman: A decent start that flopped quickly. A bit weird.
- 94% OKC date: Electric sex on the first date, but it ended there, at least, I think so. I’m actually not sure.
- 99% OKC date/Mario: lovely drinks on the first date, and I was totally crushing on him, but he’s a douchebag. He’s a douchebag I have every intention of fucking.
- Random Bumble encounter: one and done.
- Finnian: a dark horse this one, such a surprise.
- 95% OKC date: an out-of-towner that couldn’t kiss properly, he’s not gone entirely.
7 first dates in April, 2 second dates.
All in all, I can’t complain. The most significant effect this month had on me was finally knocking Bobby out of my head (maybe not for good, but certainly mostly). It feels better to have that emotional real estate back. I was leasing it to him for way too long.